Relief Art Butterfly
Try this simple but stunning relief art butterfly project – perfect for kids of all ages! We used a Butterfly template, but you can adapt this idea to create fabulous art projects with any shape.
RELIEF ART BUTTERFLY
EYFS Learning Zones: Exploring & Using Materials * Imagination * Understanding the World
You will need…
Sheets of White and Black paper
Chalks or pastels
- Fold the white paper in half and draw the outline half of a butterfly. A Template is provided – click here
- Cut it out and you will have a symmetrical butterfly.
- Attach to the black paper with masking tape or tac. Keep the edges clear.
- Go all around the edges in different colours using crayons or pastels, working in outward strokes right to the edges of the black paper.
- Gently peel the butterfly off.
What other creatures or shapes can you create in the same way?
This project featured in the Summer 2019 issue of Creative Steps – a quarterly magazine packed with fun, easy craft ideas and activities, all designed to encourage learning through creative play for young children. Project originally supplied by www.theCreationStation.co.uk Available in both print or online editions, buy the latest issue or subscribe to receive each issue of CREATIVE STEPS at www.creativesteps.co.uk