Red Nose Day 2021
GET REDDY FOR RED NOSE DAY!
Red Nose Day is back on Friday 19th March and although it may look slightly different this year, it’s still a brilliant starting point for some fun, creative activities. Let’s face it, we all need a laugh right now…
Whether you’re at home, in an early years setting or in school, here are just a few ideas for making and baking your way to a day to remember.
Fancy dress fun
Getting dressed up is a fantastic way to create a buzz around Red Nose Day and bring everyone together – whether in the same space or virtually.
This Red Nose Day is all about showing the world that funny is power. Talk with children about their secret superpower. Maybe by day they’re a brilliant baker and by night they’re The Cake Crusader! Or perhaps their super swimming skills make them the Aquatic Avenger?
You’ll find a What’s Your Secret Superpower? activity sheet at https://www.comicrelief.com/rednoseday/schools/freedownloads/. This is a great way to help children get creative around the superpower theme, including drawing their ideal superhero outfit, complete with accessories and gadgets. If you’re feeling ambitious, why not help them turn this into a costume to wear on Red Nose Day?
Alternatively, you could use the red theme as the starting point for some creative dressing up:
- Customise an old t-shirt with red spots made from fabric paints, buttons, badges, beads or pom poms
- Make a tutu out of red tulle
- Go crazy with face paints – Red Noses, cheeks, stripes and spots
- Create Red Nose Day nails
A decorative day!
Get ready to party in style by enlisting the childrens’ help to give your setting or home a full Red Nose Day makeover! You could:
- Create artwork inspired by Red Nose Day – dotty-themed pictures, paintings of laughing faces, Red Nose characters…
- Make red streamers or bunting
- Decorate red spots to hang from the ceiling
- Create Red Nose Day posters and banners
Getting creative with JoJo and Gran Gran
This year’s Red Nose Day activities for early years are inspired by the CBeebies show JoJo and Gran Gran. Visit comicrelief.com/earlyyears for all kinds of ideas and resources to help you organise a carnival-style party for Red Nose Day, including a template for carnival crowns, a stick the crown on JoJo game, recipes and a scavenger hunt.
Why not use JoJo and Gran Gran’s TV adventures as the inspiration for some creative activities together? Look through the episodes available on the BBC iPlayer for ideas. You could watch:
- It’s Time to Post a Picture – then paint your own pictures
- It’s Time to Bake – then make some Red Nose Day signature dishes
- It’s Time to Make Up a Story – then create stories inspired by Red Noses
- It’s Time to Dance – then devise a dance to the JoJo and Gran Gran theme tune
- It’s Time to Make Music – then play instruments and sing
- It’s Time for Carnival – then create your carnival-style party for Red Nose Day!
If you wish, you could use some of these activities to raise money for Red Nose Day. For example, you could ask for donations to come to the carnival or watch a show.
About Red Nose Day 2021
On Friday 19th March, Red Nose Day will aim to bring the UK together (although we may be apart) to show just how powerful humour can be through the toughest of times. It has never felt more important to raise smiles and money for those who are struggling, as the continued impact of COVID-19 brings unprecedented challenges to many.
Comic Relief funds hundreds of amazing organisations who are working on the ground to support the most vulnerable people and communities in society including many of those hardest hit by the coronavirus crisis. This includes vulnerable children and young people, people who are homeless or who have been forced to flee their homes, women and families at risk of domestic abuse and those struggling with existing or new mental health problems.
You can find out more and download loads of exciting resources for Red Nose Day at comicrelief.com/rednoseday
If you’re able to support Red Nose Day this year, you’ll be raising money to support people living incredibly tough lives. Thank you!!